We provide a small number of scholarships for highly talented non-EU students, applying to a Bachelor’s programme. With the scholarship, we strive to support talented students during their studies and projects.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS)
We aim to attract the world’s brightest students to our international classrooms. Therefore, outstanding student with a non-EU nationality, can apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. The value of the scholarship is €6,000 per year (a total of €18,000). A small number of scholarships are available each year. Last academic year we could award 1 scholarship per programme.
The deadline is 15 January.
General Criteria Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
In order to be considered for the AMS, you need to meet the following general criteria:
- You hold a non-EU nationality only.
- You have excellent academic results (for example 90-100% / A-A+)
- You are not entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan ("Studiefinanciering").
- You do not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS.
- You have submitted a complete application to one of the Economics and Business' programmes before the deadline of 15 January.
- You will register and participate in the first selection/matching round.
- You are able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
The best candidates are selected for a scholarship based on their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by:
- An excellent GPA (for example 90-100% / A-A+)
- An excellent Matching result (only for BSc Actuarial Science, Economics and Business Economics, Business Analytics, Econometrics). Applicants must register for the first matching opportunity before 15 February 2022.
- An excellent selection result (only for BSc Business Administration)
- Motivation letter (not more than 300 words) to tell us why you deserve this scholarship including eventual financial needs.
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)*:
- TOEFL IBT: overall score of 100 (minimum score of 22 in each component but higher subscores give you an advantage);
- IELTS (Academic test): overall score of 7.0 (minimum score of 7.0 in each component, you can apply with a subscore of 6.5 but higher subscores give you an advantage);
- Cambridge Assessment English: Certificate in Advanced English: 190 points overall and in each skill or Certificate of Proficiency in English: 190 points overall and in each skill.
*You are exempted from taking the English test if you have a secondary school diploma from a school located in and accredited by the respective authorities in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the US. See the website for other exemptions.
Apply for the BSc programme via Studielink and the online application form (Embark).
In addition, please upload the following documents under the scholarship section in Embark
- Recommendation letter by a dean, teacher, or academic supervisor
- Motivation letter explaining why you deserve this scholarship (300 words):
- Why would you need a Scholarship?
- Why would you deserve a Scholarship? Include a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
Please note: We will only take your application for the scholarship into consideration if it is complete, before 15 January.
For OnCampus applicants:
Please contact us for information about how to apply.
Limited number of scholarships
We provide a limited number of scholarships for excellent students. The total amount for the AMS, dedicated to Economics and Business, is established annually. As the actual number of scholarships is derived from this amount, no fixed number is in place.
Payment of the scholarship
Please note that the scholarship works on a reimbursement basis and is not a tuition fee waiver. You will therefore have to arrange the payment of your tuition fee yourself. The scholarship will be paid out in 12 equal installments.
Please contact us.